Zaalouk (Roasted Aubergine)
Reading Time: < 1 minute A traditional, aubergine-based, Moroccan side dish, however it makes a delicious main!
The post Zaalouk (Roasted Aubergine)…
Reading Time: < 1 minute
A traditional, aubergine-based, Moroccan side dish, however it makes a delicious main!
- 3 aubergine cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1½ tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 to matoes roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tsp sugar
- 500 g/2¼ cups passata
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the aubergine pieces onto a large baking tray and drizzle over a glug of olive oil. Add the paprika, cumin and a sprinkling of salt. Make sure it’s all mixed in well and evenly coated.
- Pop them in the oven for around 15-20 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from the oven and add the passata, garlic, lemon juice, sugar, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cover the tray with foil, tucking in at the edges, and place back in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Check during cooking that the mixture hasn’t dried out – if it has, add a little water and stir through.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add extra seasoning if necessary. Enjoy as a main with all the extras or as a simple side dish ?
This recipe was republished with permission from Viva’s Vegan Recipe Club. Find the original recipe here.
The post Zaalouk (Roasted Aubergine) appeared first on Plant Based News.plant based nasdaq-bynd