Global Plant-Based Protein Markets Report 2022-2027: Growing Market for Alternative Proteins, Rising Protein Consumption, Increasing Demand for Sports Nutrition, & Growing Dietary Supplements Market
DUBLIN, Sept. 21, 2022
DUBLIN, Sept. 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Plant-Based Protein: Global Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report will provide an updated review of the global plant-based protein market, focusing on its source, type and application. Definitive and detailed estimates and forecasts of the global plant-based protein market are provided, followed by a detailed analysis of regions, countries and manufacturers.
Proteins are fundamental nutrients that are needed by the human body and comprise the essential amino acids required for muscle building. Plant proteins are the proteins extracted from plant sources such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, oilseeds, grains, peas, lentils, etc. The key plant-based protein sources include pea, soy, wheat, potato, and canola., The proteins which are obtained from various animal sources, including egg, milk, whey, casein and egg, among others, are referred to as animal proteins.
Plant-based proteins contain all essential amino acids required by the body. As plant-based proteins have a lower calorie count, they can be substituted for animal-based proteins for weight loss and thus are preferred by consumers. Plant-based proteins contain a good amount of fiber as compared to animal-based proteins, which boosts their consumption in beverages, animal feed and infant nutrition.
Plant-based proteins are increasingly used in the foods and beverages sector as they supplement protein content. Growth of the food and beverage sector, primarily in Brazil, India, China and Mexico, due to increasing domestic consumption coupled with the adoption of modern farming technology, is expected to drive the plant-based protein market shortly.
The plant-based protein market by the source is segmented into soy, wheat, pea, canola, potato, rice and others. Based on types, the plant-based protein is segmented as isolates, concentrates and others. Plant-based proteins are used in various applications, including food and beverages, infant formulation, personal care and cosmetics, animal feed and nutrition and health supplements. Rising awareness of nutrient enrichment and growing health awareness have increased the importance of dietary supplements and are expected to favorably impact market growth.
Furthermore, the rising importance of protein consumption among vegetarians is expected to have a positive impact on the market over the forecast period. Rising concerns regarding dairy product allergies and animal or meat borne diseases and allergies are expected to fuel the demand for plant-based protein during the forecast period.
Shifting trends in functional ingredients fortification in the food and beverage industry due to rising demand for added health benefits in various food products is anticipated to boost plant-based protein demand. Food and beverage industry growth, primarily in Brazil, Russia, Indonesia, China and the Middle East, due to rising domestic consumption and growing foreign direct investments are expected to augment market growth.
In addition, population growth, increasing disposable income and increasing urbanization in Asia-Pacific countries, especially India and China, are anticipated to promote the food and beverage industry over the forecast period. This, in turn, is likely to have a positive impact on the plant and dairy protein market over the forecast period. Asia-Pacific is expected to be one of the most promising markets due to growing domestic consumption in China and India in light of new product launches by numerous food and beverage manufacturers.
The report will include a COVID-19 impact analysis on the plant-based protein market at the global level. The impact analysis will cover the impact of the pandemic on demand, supply and prices.
The market size and estimations are provided in terms of value (U.S. $millions) and volume (kilo tons), considering 2021 as a base year, and a market forecast will be provided from 2022 to 2027. Regional level market size with respect to source, type and application are provided. The impact of COVID-19 impact was factored into the marketing estimation.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players across each regional plant-based protein market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global plant-based protein market and current trends within the industry. The report concludes with a particular focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the market.
- 205 data tables and 57 additional tables
- An up-to-date overview of the global market for plant-based proteins within the industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Evaluation and forecast the global plant-based protein market size in value and volumetric terms, and corresponding market share analysis based on protein source, type, application, and region
- Latest information on market opportunities and drivers, key shifts and regulations, industry specific challenges, and other macroeconomic factors that will shape this market demand in the coming years (2022-2027)
- Country specific data and analysis for the plant-based protein featuring the U.S., Canada, Brazil, China, India, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Argentina
- Discussion of the industry supply chain analysis providing a systematic study of key intermediaries involved, with emphasis on region specific market regulations for plant-based proteins
- Discussion on COVID-19 impact on demand and supply of plant-based proteins, pricing analysis at both global and regional level, and various strategic decisions taken by government to boost the marketplace
- Patent review and analysis of patent grants on plant-based proteins
- Key merger and acquisition deals, partnerships, collaborations and joint ventures as well as other strategic alliances within the marketplace
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading plant-based protein manufacturers, including ADM, Cargill Inc., IFF International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Kerry Group, Glanbia Plc and Wilmar International Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing this Study
- What's New in this Report?
- Scope of Report
- Intended Audience
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- Custom Research
- Related Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Raw Material Procurement
- Marketing and Distribution
- Regulatory Guidelines
- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers: Low
- Bargaining Power of Buyers: Moderate
- Threat of Substitutes: High
- Threat of New Entrants: Moderate
- The Intensity of Competitive Rivalry: High
- Impact of Covid-19 on the Plant-Based Protein Market
- Impact of Covid-19 on Demand
- Impact of Covid-19 on Supply
- Technology Overview
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market Growth Drivers
- Growing Market for Alternative Proteins
- Rising Protein Consumption
- Increasing Demand for Sports Nutrition
- Growing Dietary Supplements Market
- Market Restraints
- Challenge of Flavor Masking in Plant-Based Proteins
- Higher Market Penetration of Animal Protein
- Low Acceptance of Plant-Based Proteins Other Than Soy
- Supply Chain Disruption Due to Russia-Ukraine War
- Market Opportunities
- Growing Trend of Veganism
- New Plant-Based Product Launches
- Increasing Use in Novel Applications
- Increase in Demand for Vegan Cosmetics and Personal Care Products
Chapter 5 Pricing Analysis
- Average Prices Globally
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Source
- Soy Protein
- Wheat Protein
- Pea Protein
- Canola Protein
- Rice Protein
- Potato Protein
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Type
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by Application
- Food and Beverages
- Infant Formulas
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
- Animal Feed
- Nutrition and Supplements
Chapter 9 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Chapter 10 Patent Review
Chapter 11 Competitive Landscape
- Market Share Analysis
- Strategic Initiatives
- New Product Launches
- Expansions and Investments
- Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Patents, Licenses, Innovations and Awards
Chapter 12 Company Profiles
- Amco Proteins
- Axiom Foods Inc.
- Burcon Nutrascience Corp.
- Beneo GmbH
- Bunge Ltd.
- Chs Inc.
- Cosucra Groupe Warcoing Sa
- Crespel & Deiters GmbH & Co. Kg
- Farbest Brands
- Glanbia plc
- Glico Nutrition Co. Ltd.
- Iff International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Ingredion Inc.
- Kerry Group
- Puris Foods
- Roquette Freres Le Romarin
- Tate & Lyle plc
- The Emsland Group
- Scoular Company (The)
- Wilmar International Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mcfk32
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-plant-based-protein-markets-report-2022-2027-growing-market-for-alternative-proteins-rising-protein-consumption-increasing-demand-for-sports-nutrition--growing-dietary-supplements-market-301629398.html
SOURCE Research and Markets