Chicago, July 31, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the near future, the cell culture media industry is poised to undergo a transformative revolution, driven by advancements in biotechnology and increased demand for cell-based therapies and research applications. As technology progresses, cell culture media formulations will become more sophisticated, tailored to support the specific growth requirements of diverse cell types, including stem cells and genetically modified cells. The industry will witness a surge in the development of serum-free and chemically defined media, enabling more reproducible and scalable production processes while minimizing the risk of contaminants. Moreover, there will be a shift towards the utilization of plant-based and animal-free components in media formulations, meeting the growing demand for ethically sourced and sustainable products. With the integration of artificial intelligence and high-throughput screening techniques, media optimization will become more efficient and cost-effective. Collaborations between academic research institutions, biotech companies, and pharmaceutical giants will further accelerate innovation, leading to cutting-edge cell culture media solutions that will play a pivotal role in advancing regenerative medicine, personalized therapies, and disease modeling, ultimately shaping the landscape of modern healthcare and biotechnology in the years to come.
Cell Culture Media market in terms of revenue was estimated to be worth $6.2 Billion in 2023 and is poised to reach $13.0 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 16.0% from 2023 to 2028 according to a latest report published by MarketsandMarkets™. The growth of this market is majorly driven by developing cell culture technologies for cell-based vaccines and rising demand for biosimilars and monoclonal antibodies. Increased use of cell culture media in stem cell research coupled with advancements in cell culture techniques is likely to upsurge the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Download an Illustrative overview: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=97468536
Cell Culture Media Market Scope:
|Market Revenue in 2023||$6.2 Billion|
|Estimated Value by 2028||$13.0 Billion|
|Growth Rate||Poised to grow at a CAGR of 16.0%|
|Market Size Available for||2021–2028|
|Forecast Units||Value (USD Billion)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Segments Covered||Type, Application, End user and Region|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America (LATAM) and Middle East and Africa (MEA)|
|Report Highlights||Updated financial information / product portfolio of players|
|Key Market Opportunities||Increasing incidence of infectious diseases and outbreaks of pandemics|
|Key Market Drivers||Increasing demand for serum and animal component-free media|
Cell Culture Media market major players covered in the report, such as:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US)
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
- Danaher Corporation (US)
- Sartorius AG (Germany)
- Corning Incorporated (US)
- FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific Inc. (Japan)
- Lonza Group AG (Switzerland)
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (US)
- Miltenyi Biotec (Germany)
- HiMedia Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- STEMCELL Technologies Inc. (Canada)
- Biologos LLC (US)
- Cell Applications Inc. (US)
- Caisson Laboratories Inc. (US)
- PromoCell GmbH (Germany)
- Cell Biologics Inc. (US)
- InvivoGen (France)
- PAN-Biotech GmbH (Germany)
- Cellular Technology Limited LLC (US)
- ZenBio Inc. (US)
- Athena Environmental Sciences Inc. (US)
- Cyagen Biosciences (US)
- Biowest SAS (France)
- WELGENE Inc.(South Korea)
- KCell Biosciences (South Korea)
- Akron Biotech (US)
- and Among Others
Buy Cell Culture Media Industry Report (291 Pages PDF with Insightful Charts, Tables, and Figures): https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Purchase/purchase_reportNew.asp?id=97468536
This report categorizes the cell culture media market into the following segments and subsegments:
Cell culture media Market, by Type
- Serum-free Media
- CHO Media
- HEK 293 Media
- BHK Media
- VERO Cell Media
- Insect Cell Media
- Serum-free Stem Cell Media
- Immune cell Media
- Other Serum-free Media
- Classical Media & Salts
- Stem Cell Culture Media
- Specialty Media
- Chemically defined Media
- Other Cell Culture Media
Cell culture media Market, by Application
- Biopharmaceutical Production
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Vaccines production
- Other therapeutic proteins
- Drug Screening & Development
- Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
- Cell and gene therapy
- Other tissue engineering & regenerative medicine applications
- Other Applications
Cell culture media Market, by End user
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research & Academic Institutes
- Other End Users
Cell culture media Market, by region
- North America
- Rest of Europe (RoE)
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific (RoAPAC)
- Latin America (LATAM)
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Request for FREE Sample Pages: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=97468536
The key stakeholders in the Cell Culture Media market include:
- Cell culture media manufacturers
- Academic research institutes
- Pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies
- Life science companies
- Venture capitalists and investors
- Government organizations
- Private research firms
- Research & development companies
- Contract research organizations (CROs)
- Contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs)
- In June 2023, Thermo fisher launched Tumoroid Culture Medium to accelerate development of novel cancer therapies.
- In April 2023, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific launched BalanCD CHO Media Platform Portfolio for Bioprocessing.
- In March 2022, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific acquired Shenandoah Biotechnology. The deal would help the company to provide customers with a single point of access for their life science research, discovery, and cell and gene therapy needs.
- In January 2022, Cytiva and Nucleus Biologics LLC collaborated to enhance custom cell media development for cell and gene therapies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of Cell Culture Media Market:
Which are the key players operating in the cell culture media market?
Answer: Key players in the cell culture media market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.(US), Merck KGaA (Germany), Danaher Corporation (US), and Corning Incorporated (US).
Which type segment dominates the cell culture media market?
Answer: The serum-free media market segment accounted for the largest share of the cell culture media market in 2022.
Which end-user segment dominates the cell culture media market?
Answer: The pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies and CROs segment accounted for the largest share of the global cell culture media market in 2022.
Which application segment of the global cell culture media market is expected to witness the highest growth?
Answer: The biopharmaceutical production segment is estimated to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
What is the market for cell culture media market?
Answer: The global cell culture media market is projected to reach USD 13.0 billion by 2028 from USD 6.2 billion in 2023, at a CAGR of 16.0% during the forecast period.
Get 10% Free Customization on this Report: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestCustomizationNew.asp?id=97468536
- To define, describe, and forecast the global cell culture media market based on type, application, end user, and region
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the market (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To strategically analyze micromarkets1 with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and contributions to the overall cell culture media market
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide details of the competitive landscape for market leaders
- To forecast the size of the market segments with respect to five main regions, namely, North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa
- To profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their product portfolios, market positions, and core competencies2
- To track and analyze competitive developments such as acquisitions; new product launches; expansions; and agreements, partnerships, and collaborations in the cell culture media market
CONTACT: About MarketsandMarkets™ MarketsandMarkets™ is a blue ocean alternative in growth consulting and program management, leveraging a man-machine offering to drive supernormal growth for progressive organizations in the B2B space. We have the widest lens on emerging technologies, making us proficient in co-creating supernormal growth for clients. The B2B economy is witnessing the emergence of $25 trillion of new revenue streams that are substituting existing revenue streams in this decade alone. We work with clients on growth programs, helping them monetize this $25 trillion opportunity through our service lines - TAM Expansion, Go-to-Market (GTM) Strategy to Execution, Market Share Gain, Account Enablement, and Thought Leadership Marketing. Built on the 'GIVE Growth' principle, we work with several Forbes Global 2000 B2B companies - helping them stay relevant in a disruptive ecosystem. Our insights and strategies are molded by our industry experts, cutting-edge AI-powered Market Intelligence Cloud, and years of research. The KnowledgeStore™ (our Market Intelligence Cloud) integrates our research, facilitates an analysis of interconnections through a set of applications, helping clients look at the entire ecosystem and understand the revenue shifts happening in their industry. To find out more, visit www.MarketsandMarkets™.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Contact: Mr. Aashish Mehra MarketsandMarkets™ INC. 630 Dundee Road Suite 430 Northbrook, IL 60062 USA: +1-888-600-6441 Email: email@example.com