Reading Time: 2 minutes
milk plant based
This panettone is both vegan and gluten free! It’s a wonderful Christmas recipe full of tart and sweet fruit.
- 100 g readymade citrus peel
- 100 g sultanas
- 100 g currants
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 500 ml plant milk
- 2 t vanilla essence
- 15 g / 4t dried active yeast
- 100 g refined unflavoured coconut oil melted
- 200 g gram flour or plain gluten flour
- 100 g rice flour or plain gluten flour
- 200 g potato starch or tapioca flour or plain gluten flour
- 100 g fine brown sugar
- 1 t salt
- 30 g psyllium husk omit is using plain gluten flour
- Put the peel and dried fruit in a bowl with the citrus zest and juice. Allow to sit in the juice for an hour then strain in a sieve.
- Put the milk in a saucepan on a very low heat. The milk should be warmed just a little but it should not be too warm as it will kill the yeast.
- In a large bowl mix the gram flour, rice flour, potato starch, sugar and salt.
- Once the milk is warmed, add the vanilla essence and yeast and whisk in. Add the milk mixture and the melted oil to the large bowl and mix in well. Once incorporated, add the peel mixture, mix in, finally add the psyllium husk and mix in well.
- Pour the dough into a lined panettone pan. Turn on your oven at the lowest setting, around 70c/160f. Keep the dough in the oven, for around 1 hour, until it has increased in size by around 30%. During this time, check on the oven temperature. If it gets too hot, turn it off for a while. You want enough heat to help the dough rise but not too much that will start cooking the dough. You can also raise the dough in a warm area of your house like an airing cupboard.
- Once the dough has risen, turn the temperature to 180c/360f/GM4. Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
15 Vegan Cheese Brands Doing Dairy Better Than Dairy
Private Companies2 days ago
The AI Robot Chef That Grills Your Meat-Free Burger
Plant-Based4 hours ago
Icelandic startup Loki Foods Unveils Sustainable Plant-Based Atlantic Cod Fillet
Plant-Based11 hours ago
Los Angeles Welcomes its First Vegan Food Bank to Tackle Food Insecurity
Private Companies2 hours ago
Founder Spotlight: Maiko van der Meer (Novish)
Plant-Based11 hours ago
What Are Vegan Probiotics? And Do Supplements Help With Gut Health?
Private Companies4 hours ago
Red Meat Increases Risk of Cardiovascular Disease by 22 Percent per Serving
Plant-Based2 hours ago