KUSAKI: serving some of the most amazing sushi that just happens to be vegan
The eight-seat omakase bar features an ever-changing five- or seven-course menu ($75/ $105) with intense flavor combinations created for sophisticated palates.
All sushi is dressed with house-made sauces such as soy and ponzu. Like traditional Japanese sushi, Kasuki serves nigiri style (rice topped with fish or vegetables). “The sushi is really beautiful, and whether people are vegan, vegetarian or eat meat and fish, it’s all about amazing food, delightful decor, artistic plating, and an intimate dining experience,” adds Estrella.
- CHILLED EDAMAME SOUP – puffed rice, seaweed caviar, ginger, truffle oil
- CHARD OF ASPARAGUS – yuzu, crispy garlic
- SHISHITO BURGER – brioche, maitake mushroom, shishito, cheese, shiso leaf
- PORTOBELLO FRIES – tempura, yuzu aioli, togarashi
- POSSIBLE BLOSSOM – puff pastry, impossible meat, chive cream cheese, sprouts
- SALMON – pickled wasabi, lemon, ponzu, truffle oil
- SAILFISH – yuzu kosho, ponzu lemon, sea salt
- SEARED TUNA – crispy onions, ponzu, wasabi
- CALAMARI – ponzu, jalapeno, seaweed caviar, lemon, wasabi
- CRISPY GARLIC TUNA – crispy garlic, avocado, microgreens, seaweed confetti
- SALMON SHISO – shiso vin, crispy onions, wasabi, sesame seeds
- SAILFISH CRUDO – yuzu kosho, radish sprouts, ponzu, sea salt
- TRUMPET MUSHROOM – wasabi, ponzu, sea salt
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH – soy, wasabi, sea salt, lemon
- EGGLESS TAMAGO – brown sugar, dashi, sweet glaze
- SWEET CORN HAND ROLL – chili garlic, ponzu, yuzu kosho aioli, green onion
- KING MUSHROOM – trumpet mushroom, chard asparagus, ponzu, seaweed confetti, sweet glaze
- THE PHILLY – salmon, chive cream cheese, chard asparagus, ponzu
2535 South Barrington Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Friday and Saturday: 5-11pm
Valet parking – $10
Jade Estrella, Restaurateur
Born in Southern California, Jade first felt the pull of the industry as an adolescent while working in the kitchen of his father’s restaurant. After high school, and dedicating 30 years to his career in the industry, Estrella followed his dream of opening a one-of-a-kind restaurant that pushes the boundaries of plant-based dining. With an equal passion to create relational communities, Estrella pays forward the same “mom and pop” feeling ingrained in him from the family business. At Kusaki, Jade pursues the promise to create innovative cuisine that delivers a skillfully prepared Omakase menu with unparalleled presentation.
Dillon Bolin, Executive Chef
Kusaki’s executive chef, Dillon Bolin, previously worked at the Michelin-starred omakase restaurant Sushi|Bar Los Angeles. He has trained under some of the best sushi chefs in the world and specializes in high-end private omakase experiences. Utilizing his skill set developed over the years, Bolin marries global ingredients with traditional Japanese flavors, resulting in inspired combinations of flavor, texture, color, technique and style. A native Southern Californian, Bolin has always had a passion for Japanese traditions, which led him to dedicate more than 10 years of his career to omakase and sushi.
Carolyn Baylon, Restaurant Designer
Renowned restaurant designer Carolyn Baylon, of The Baylon Hospitality Group, has created an intimate, sophisticated space perfect for gathering with friends. The aesthetic of the food served is reflected in her modern, minimalistic approach with its luxurious finishes, sultry lighting, wood-wrapped sushi bar, marble and concrete floors, and a plant wall — a nod to the plant-based menu.
The post First Plant-Based Omakase Bar and Sushi Restaurant in Los Angeles Set to Open January 13 appeared first on VEGWORLD Magazine.meat fish salmon cheese cream soy burger plant-based industry