There’s a good chance this vegan stir fry will earn a spot on your weekly recipe rotation, but you can be the judge of that. Quick and simple to prepare, this tahini tofu stir fry takes around 20 minutes all up, making it a great weeknight dinner or an easy lunch to keep you energized throughout the afternoon.
If you’re looking to simplify things further, just use pre-marinated tofu and add it together with whichever vegetables you choose.
What is tahini?
Tahini is a thick paste or butter made from ground hulled sesame seeds. It has a smooth and creamy consistency and an earthy, nutty, and slightly bitter taste.
Tahini originated in the Middle East, and is commonly used in hummus and baba ganoush, and is often paired with falafel.
It’s also a source of thiamine, vitamin B6, phosphorous, and manganese, making it a nutritious addition to this plant-powered dish.
- 280 g approx. Firm tofu, cubed
- Sesame oil for frying but any oil is fine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Either use 1 packet of your favorite stir-fry mix or 3 handfuls of stir-fry veg e.g. broccoli, baby corn, carrot, pak choi, edamame beans
- Either use 150g approx. straight-to-wok noodles or dry noodle nests (follow instructions on packet)
- 1/4 cup tahini (60g)
- 2 tbsp syrup e.g. maple or agave – optional
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar use cider vinegar as an alternative
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha depending on how hot you like it!
- 3-5 tbsp water
- Fry the tofu in sesame oil until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce and nutritional yeast, stir through and fry for a further 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
Vegetables and noodles
- Fry the vegetables on a medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir through.
- Add the tofu and stir through.
- In a small saucepan, heat all of the ingredients on a medium heat.
- Pour over the noodles, veg and tofu and decorate with toasted cashews, fresh chillies, seeds, fresh coriander, and anything else you fancy.
More like this:
- Roast Pumpkin And Kale Salad: Vegan Health Food But Not As You Know It
- How To Make Creamy, Garlicky Vegan Fettuccini Alfredo
- This Vegan Peach Pasta Salad Recipe Marries Sweet With Savory
The post 20-Minute Vegan Stir Fry Recipe With Tofu And Tahini appeared first on Plant Based News.soy plant based